Interested in volunteering at the Market, or what to get more involved? Sign-up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4daaae2fa5fa7-volunteer or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being a volunteer for the Dunwoody Farmers Market means meeting great people in your neighborhood, learning about the market and the importance of fresh local foods, and most of all … having fun!
The Dunwoody Farmers Market would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. Volunteers may also sit on the Board, write articles, take photos, create videos, and of course, keep the market running every Saturday.
MARKET DAY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Setup: Help set up canopies, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
- Greeters move throughout the market answering questions and directing customers to their favorite vendors. Greeters take pictures, hand out market swag, and perform the hourly customer count. This volunteer role involves interaction with customers and vendors.
- T-Shirt/Information Booth volunteers run the Dunwoody Farmers Market booth. Duties include answering customer questions, selling market merchandise, and more.
- Breakdown: Help take down canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Dunwoody Farmers Market (DFM) Board
The DFM is looking for enthusiastic Board members that can help the market thrive! Needed skills and expertise include:
- food systems
- staff management
- public relations
- general administration
- If you’re interested in joining the Board, please contact the Board Chair at email@example.com
- Contribute to our weekly e-newsletter as a market writer or reporter.
- Distribute posters and flyers to your favorite cafes, shops and public places.
- Take photos at the market of volunteers, customers, and farmers.
- Write articles for community publications.
- Create printed materials such as flyers, schedules, posters and other promotional items.
If you are a current volunteer, access sign-up genius to check the schedule, sign up for shifts, and track your volunteer hours - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4daaae2fa5fa7-volunteer
If you are interested in signing up for a volunteer shift, please fill out our Volunteer Form - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4daaae2fa5fa7-volunteer. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Partial shifts can be split between volunteers. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers cannot bring pets.